10 Steps to Make Your Bathroom Safe
According to the National Institute of Aging, 80% of senior falls happen in the bathroom. As one of our most used rooms it’s not hard to imagine how slips and falls could occur. If you’re thinking about how you can make your or your loved ones bathroom safe and accessible, here’s 10 steps to follow:
- Keep the bathroom well-lit, especially at night
- Remove throw rugs
- Organize and remove clutter
- Install grab bars
- Use a shower chair or bench
- Utilize a handheld shower head attachment
- Add a walk-in shower or tub
- Use a raised toilet seat
- Add nonslip strips to your shower to tub
- Have support nearby!
To discuss adding a walk-in shower or tub, grab bars, and other assistive devices for your bathroom, contact us at 855-528-0421 or visit our website at www.procare-medical.com.